The Resource Directory aims to provide access to resources, tools and best practices for nonprofits in the seven major competencies that have been identified as essential to high-performing nonprofit organizations.
7 Major Competencies:
1. Vision and Impact– vision and strategic direction
2. Leadership & Talent Development– leadership, professional and talent development, succession planning
3. Board- vision and role, governance, composition and effectiveness
4. Organizational Culture & Operations– culture, internal communications, systems for learning, operations and logistics
5. Fundraising & Finance– the ability to fundraise, diversify funding sources, financial planning and health
6. Strategic Communications & Stakeholder Engagement– the ability to communicate effectively with key audiences, awareness and engagement with key stakeholders
7. Race, Ethnicity, Equity & Inclusion– the ability to be inclusive and aware of REEI , moving beyond just acknowledging “diversity,” to understanding and pursuing concepts of REEI
These resources are not exhaustive but meant to help provide access to useful educational interactive tools, webinars, worksheets and articles that can be used by staff and board members.