To continue the legacy of the Sheldon family through perpetuation of philanthropy.
The Sheldon Foundation devotes financial assistance to advance the physical, educational and cultural well-being of the people of the southerly portion of Chautauqua County, New York; and honors the memory of its founder, Isabella M. Sheldon and her husband, Ralph C. Sheldon.
217 North Main Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
Phone 716 664-9890
Fax 716 483-6116
- March 1st for a May meeting
- June 1st for an August meeting
- September 1st for a November meeting
- November 1st for a January meeting
- Submit application online
- Site visit or meeting with grant applicant
Primary Funding Focus
- Health Care
- Arts and Humanities
Types of Support:
- capital campaigns
- matching/challenge support
Fiscal Year/Total Grants: 12/31/19 – $1,777,860
Range of Grant Award: $100 – $2,000,000
Maximum annual grant installments – $500,000
Geographic Area: Restricted to Southern Chautauqua County
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) status
Limitations: No religious organizations, unless the program/project serves the greater community. No individuals. No endowments.