The Ralph C. Sheldon Foundation has established a grant program to encourage Not-for-Profit Organizations, who deliver programming in southern Chautauqua County, to reimagine their work through collaboration, partnerships and even merger and acquisition with other not-for-profit organizations. This grant program will award funding to support boards and staff in exploring, negotiating, and executing strategic partnerships or corporate restructuring between two or more organizations.
What Activities Will be Funded?
Assessment, Exploration (Feasibility), Negotiation and Implementation for:
- Partnerships- Joint Programming, Joint Earned Income Ventures, Administration Consolidation, Shared Facilities, Public/Private partnerships
- Strategic Restructuring- Mergers, Parent-Subsidiary Structures, Joint Venture Corporations, Management Service Organizations, Dissolutions
Grant Funds can be used for:
- Technical Assistance, Consultation, Facilitation, Legal and Fiscal review and support for Pre-Negotiation, Negotiation and developing Implementation Plans.
- Expenses associated with the implementation of a new Partnership or organizational restructuring.
Grant Funds cannot be used for:
- Capital Expenses for equipment or facility renovations to implement a partnership or restructured organization(s). Please apply to our quarterly traditional grant program for these expenses.
How to apply?
This grant program is independent of the traditional quarterly grant program of the Sheldon Foundation. Applicants may apply to one or both Sheldon grant programs in any given year. Strategic Partnership and Restructuring Grant Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Co-applicants shall choose one organization that will serve as the lead applicant for the purpose of submitting the grant application and acting as the fiduciary for any funds awarded. There are two steps to the application process found on chautauquagrants.org:
- Submit the online Letter of Intent (LOI) – there will be a full review of the LOI
- Submit the full Application (by invitation only) – award decisions being made promptly