The foundation is organized and shall be operated exclusively for charitable purposes and its principal purpose shall be to make grants to charitable organizations, institutions, or foundations. In carrying out the above purpose, the foundation shall make distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations; some, but not exclusive emphasis shall be given to those organizations benefitting the southwestern New York State area.
133 East Fairmount Ave Suite 2
Lakewood, NY 14750
Phone 716 763-0823
Fax 716 763-0823
P.O. Box 13
Lakewood, NY 14750
Randy Ordines, President email@example.com
Kate Conti, Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of Interest Deadlines – April 11 and July 25
Prior to accepting a completed grant request, The Lenna Foundation requires a Letter of Interest that includes the following:
- Descriptive title and summary of the proposed grant request
- Project budget
- Dollar amount of the request
- Funding sought or received from other sources
- Timeframe for funding the request
- Positive affirmation of the grantee’s 501(c)(3) status
Successful candidates will be asked to submit a formal grant request.
Formal grant requests must include the following:
- Summary of organization’s history, mission, goals, current programs, activities, and accomplishments
- Total dollar amount being requested complete with a statement summarizing this grant request (2 sentences maximum)
- Description and number of persons to be served and how they will benefit from this project
- What other organizations in the community are doing a similar project
- Are you collaborating with other organizations on this project and what are their roles
- Long-term strategies for funding this project after the grant dollars are spent
- The status of grant requests to other Foundations, corporations, or funding sources for this project
- Plans for evaluation including how success will be defined and measured
- List of current Board of Directors, and name, address, phone, email, and fax of primary contact person.
- IRS determination letter stating that you are a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization
- Financial background of organization including:
- Financial statements including most recent financial audit
- Budgets that correspond to this request and the organization as a whole
- Accumulated surplus/deficit
- Endowment market value
Primary Funding Areas:
- Program Interests – Arts, education, health care, youth, economic development, and the environment
- Types of Support – Program funding and capital project grants for non-profit organizations in Western New York.
Fiscal Year/Total Grants: 2021 Paid / $2,356,433
Range of Grant Award: $500 to $100,000
Geographic Area: Primarily, greater Jamestown, NY area.
Eligibility: Tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization