The strategic focus of the Gebbie Foundation is to revitalize downtown Jamestown through economic development initiatives in order to make it an attractive place to work, live, shop and visit. This shall be done by leveraging financial and human resources through collaboration, cooperation and partnership. To this end, continued support for recommendations made in the Jamestown Urban Design Plan (UDP), UDP 2.0 and AECOM Downtown Jamestown Economic Development Strategy, via selected contributions and commitment of staff time to organizations/entities with projects/programs that support the implementation of the plans, shall be prioritized.
215 Cherry Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
Phone 716 487-1062
Fax 716 484-6401
Note: Grant funding for fiscal year 2020 is extremely limited due to multi-year commitments.
- Create an account on Chautauqua Grants
- Initial Approach – Grant seekers should first review “Our Mission” and if the project addresses the Strategic Focus, submit a 1-2 page Letter of Inquiry (LOI) on this site.
- LOI Approval – If approved, a draft application will appear on your Dashboard to complete.
- Full application – For 2020 grants, the deadline is Thursday, August 15, 2019.
Primary Funding Focus:
- The Economic revitalization of downtown Jamestown through support of the Jamestown Urban Design Plan (UDP), UDP 2.0, and other relevant economic initiatives.
- Types of Support – Matching, challenge, capital and operating (in limited cases).
Fiscal Year/Total Grants: 2018 / $3,731,205
Range of Grant Award: $1,000 – $783,499
Current Geographic Focus: Downtown Jamestown, New York
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) status