Emerging Needs and One-Time Costs
- Purchases for program or service delivery enhancement
- Initial start-up costs for a new program or service
- Modest capital improvement projects
- Upgrades to technology
Deadline: Bi-monthly; last Wednesday of even months
Decision: Proceeding mid-month
Range: Up to $4,000
The following criteria are used in consideration of funding, information is obtained from a combination of the grant application and further discussion with the volunteer assigned to your request.
- Mission Alignment
- Broad Impact
- Preparedness of the Organization
- Timing of funding
In the application under supporting documentation, it is requested that you provide more than one estimate for each expense to demonstrate where items have been priced from.
Faith-Based organizations may apply for funding consideration through the General application.
Organizations are limited to receiving two General grant awards per year.
The following are not eligible for consideration:
- Expenses that have occurred or are scheduled to occur before a funding decision is known (see 2023 Schedule).
- Expenses for consumable or giveaway items (food, t-shirts, backpacks, promotional items, trophies etc.).
- Expenses related to ongoing programming, general operational support, or endowments.
- Sponsorship of one-time events, banquets, dinners, fundraisers, or one-time trips (travel, accommodations, registration fees, etc.).
*The Chautauqua Region Community Foundation reserves the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to decline a grant request that could be viewed as having a specific political, partisan, or religious agenda.
Once an application is submitted it will be reviewed for completeness.
A standing committee of volunteers review General grants throughout the year. One volunteer will be assigned to your application. They will contact you to discuss your application and ask any additional questions. This information is shared with the full committee to help inform funding recommendations.
Staff are here to help you navigate the grant application process and provide any technical assistance, please contact us at 716-661-3390.