Enriching the quality of life in the Chautauqua Region.
418 Spring Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
Phone 716 661-3390
Fax 716 488-0387
The Chautauqua Region Community Foundation is a nonprofit, community corporation that serves the charitable purpose of benefiting the people of the community it serves. It was created by and for the people of the Chautauqua Region to help donors make a positive impact on their community be establishing a “bridge” between the donor and charitable activities.
An Important Message to Grantees:
The Community Foundation recognizes the COVID-19 pandemic has and continues to impact local nonprofits and churches across our region in new and challenging ways. We remain committed to addressing emerging needs of the community during this time.
To be more responsive our competitive grantmaking practices, deadlines and funding priority will be adjusted for the remainder of 2020. This includes:
- Programmatic restrictions have been lifted on grant funds awarded but not yet spent, allowing organizations the flexibility to use those funds towards their greatest need.
- Final report deadlines have been extended automatically in the chautauquagrants.org system until Sept. 30 to reduce the burden of grant reporting.
- Regular grantmaking processes has been adjusted to focus on making grants that are as unrestricted as possible to allow organizations the flexibility to respond to both the immediate and intermediate needs of recovery for their organization and the community.
View a copy of the new Competitive Grant Application
Adjusted Competitive Grantmaking Process:
- Deadline: All requests will be accepted on a rolling basis
- Request Range: up to $10,000
- Request amounts that exceed $10,000 require a Letter of Intent
- Email: Tory Irgang, email@example.com
- Access the new grant process in chautauquagrants.org
*Churches can request up to $4,000
- General Operating expenses
- Restart funding to resume operations after being closed
- Short-term enhancement to improve capacity in delivery of programming
- Upgrade to technology to increase or maintain capacity
*Priority will be given to needs not otherwise able to be served by other federal, state or local resources.
This year the Falconer Region Community Fund & John Edward McLaughlin Family Fund grant processes were rescheduled for August 1. If you are from the Falconer Region or Randolph, NY and you missed this deadline but still have a need please contact our office.
Contact: Elizabeth Jones, Community Impact Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiscal Year/Total Competitive Grants:
Geographic Area: Chautauqua County (Dunkirk and Fredonia served by the Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation.)
Eligibility: 501 (c)(3) organizations, religious organizations and municipalities.